Dear Researchers, Please see the latest issue of the ICAC RECORDER March 2021 special on Pink Bollworm. Best Regards. Keshav Kranthi, ICAC.
COTTON WEBINAR 6th Edition, 7.00 to 9.00 AM (Eastern Time) 3 March 2021
Speaker: Mr. Allan Williams: Topic The challenges with cotton sustainability
Speaker: Dr. Marcelo Paytas: Topic: Is cotton a water guzzling crop?
MINUTES OF THE ICRA-EC SPECIAL MEETING
8.00 to 10.00 AM Eastern Time, 8 January 2021
A special online meeting of the ICRA Executive Committee was held at 8.00 to 10.00 AM on 8 January 2021.
At the outset, the chair and the ICRA EC members unanimously recorded their deep gratitude and appreciation to Dr. Michel Fok for his commendable contributions and leadership as Chair of ICRA from 2016 to 2020.
The following decisions were taken by majority vote
- Postponed the election of new EC members to the next WCRC-7.
- The current Executive Committee will continue until the WCRC-7 with Dr. Mohamed Negm as the Chair
- Eric Hequet has been unanimously elected as the vice-Chair.
- Elections will be held at the General Body meeting to be convened at the WCRC-7
- The ICRA newsletter will be renamed as ‘Cotton Innovations’
- The newsletter will be published at monthly intervals
- ICRA-EC members will take turns to act as editors of ‘Cotton Innovations’
- Mike McCue, Communications Director, ICAC will be requested to be the chief Editor
- Kai Hughes will be requested for permission of ICAC support (chief Editor, design and layout)
- The ICRA Secretariat will circulate the newsletter and solicit feedback from ICRA members
COTTON WEBINAR 5th Edition, 8.00 to 10.00 AM (Eastern Time) 3 February 2021
Prof. Jonathan F. Wendel: Topic: Genes, Jeans, and Genomes; what we now know about the Evolution of Gossypium and the Origin of the Polyploids
Dr. Edward (Ed) M. Barnes: Topic: Increasing Automation & Robotic Applications in Cotton
Director and Senior Principal Scientist, Shandong Academy of Agricultural Sciences, China
Professor, Department of Soil & Crop Sciences, Texas A & M University
An Australian initiative of global relevance
The project is called “Intimidation and voice of research scientists” and is self-clear by its title. It is based on a survey that is elaborated and endorsed in the following documents:
Efficient research asks for protection from pressure
This is my personal belief and hopefully shared by many. Pressure and intimidation exist. Less than ten years ago, I got to withdraw a paper from a renown journal because of the pressure my co-author faced in his institution less than 48 hours the paper was submitted to the journal.
The extent of the phenomenon is nevertheless hard to assess and hence seldom assessed. This is the reason why I took part to the survey that is open to scientists feeling interest for the topic.
Click here to do the survey:
It took me about 20 minutes and I found the survey properly built.
I hope that that I am not upsetting ICRA members with this non-specifically cotton post.
please find the Dossier of the Candidates nominated for election to the ICRA Executive Committee 2021 to 2024. The Ballot papers are being sent to all ICRA members for voting from 2 December to 7 December on SurveyMonkey.